Injury Attorneys in Mission Viejo
If you have been injured in a semi-truck crash in Mission Viejo, you know that the physical, emotional, and financial toll can be immense. You may be feeling overwhelmed and unsure about what to do next. Fortunately, you don't have to navigate this difficult time alone.
The knowledgeable personal injury attorneys at Case Barnett are here to help you get your life back on track after this challenging ordeal, handling the legalities so you can focus on healing.
Mission Viejo Truck Accidents Are, Unfortunately, Common
Although a relatively small community, Mission Viejo has seen some devastating car-truck collisions. As the population continues to grow, more and more injuries occur on the tangled web of roadways in LA and Orange Counties. Roads with high crash rates include:
- Santa Ana Freeway. Fast-moving traffic and congested exits onto other highways make the Santa Ana Freeway (I-5) one of the deadliest stretches of road in the nation. In 2007, a semi-truck traveling on the southbound Santa Ana Freeway at 60 mph struck the back of a minivan, causing the deaths of all three of the driver's children. In December 2022, a lumber truck loaded with 45,000 pounds of wood collided with a Toyota Camry, wedging the smaller vehicle beneath the semi on the southbound I-5.
- Alicia Parkway. Alicia Parkway is one of Mission Viejo's busiest streets, winding through and across major roadways, including the I-5. Various shopping centers, neighborhoods, restaurants, fitness facilities, and markets surround the intersection with I-5, increasing the likelihood of rear-end crashes.
- Oso Parkway. Parks and country clubs surround the Oso Parkway exit from I-5 South, forcing trucks traveling at 70mph to suddenly slow to neighborhood speeds. In their rush to make quick lane changes or deliver goods to department stores in Aliso Viejo, truckers may sideswipe smaller vehicles in their blind spots.
- State Route 73. Truckers may attempt to avoid congestion on I-5 by merging onto California State Route 73. Unfortunately, these "back roads" aren't much quieter than the interstate highways—and are often filled with passenger cars similarly trying to escape traffic backups.
- Crown Valley Parkway. The mall and Providence Mission Hospital are major stops along the Crown Valley Parkway. Unfortunately, an I-5 exit also spills into this hub of shopping and medical traffic, causing numerous accidents yearly as trucks rush to restock commercial goods and medical supplies.
- Puerta Real. As a main route to the Shops at Mission Viejo and the Kaleidoscope outdoor mall, Puerta Real is crammed with vehicles turning, stopping, and pulling out suddenly. It also crosses the I-5 before spilling into smaller neighborhoods, placing pedestrians at risk of distracted drivers.
- Muirlands Boulevard. Homeowners traveling north to Lake Forest or Irvine are familiar with speeding vehicles, rumbling trucks, and aggressive driving on Muirlands Boulevard. Intersections along this stretch of road will likely see left-turn truck accidents as semis collide with pedestrians in the crosswalk or cars in the opposite lane.
- Olympiad Road. Four lanes and no physical highway divider turn Olympiad Road from a tranquil and scenic drive into a fast-paced roadway. Road upgrades haven't kept pace with the growing population in Mission Viejo, making intersections along this route especially hazardous.
- Jeronimo Road. Home to an Amazon Delivery Station, the area surrounding the intersection with Los Alisos Boulevard sees constant semi-truck traffic needed to fill online orders. The Aliso Creek Bikeway and Heroes Park are right up the street from this significant commercial area, making truck-bike accidents, unfortunately, likely.
A Truck Crash Is NOT a Car Accident!
If you've been hurt in a truck crash in Orange County, you must be prepared for the legal differences between car and truck accident claims. Truck accidents are more complicated than car crashes due to commercial carriers' regulations and insurance requirements. Trucking companies are vast businesses with teams of lawyers to minimize their liability and protect their profits.
In addition to the complex legal landscape surrounding truck accidents, injuries are often more severe in these claims. Trucks are much bigger and heavier than cars, and they can cause more damage when colliding with other vehicles on the road. Truck accident victims may suffer traumatic brain injuries, organ damage, internal bleeding, spinal cord injuries, or even wrongful death.
Truck crash victims have a far better chance of recovering maximum payment for their losses when they work with an experienced semi-accident attorney. When you hire a Mission Viejo truck accident lawyer to represent you, we will:
- Identify all sources of compensation. It's essential to investigate all possible negligent parties so you can pursue compensation from multiple sources. There are often numerous responsible parties in a truck accident, not just one individual like you would find in a typical car accident case. The driver's company could be held liable if they were negligent in hiring, training, or supervising their employee, but other parties, such as parts manufacturers or maintenance providers, may be held responsible if one of their products contributed to the cause of the accident.
- Meet all filing and court deadlines. Our law firm is familiar with the convoluted procedures and timelines in a commercial carrier injury case, ensuring that your case is not dismissed due to incomplete information or filing technicalities.
- Reduce your stress. You have enough to deal with after a severe truck crash. You should be focused on healing from your injuries and keeping your family close by to help with your recovery. The added pressure of handling a truck accident case on your own can impact your physical and mental health. We take over all legal matters and provide compassionate guidance throughout the entire process.
- Negotiate on your behalf. We gather all the evidence necessary to combat common reasons insurers underpay truck accident claims. If the responsible party doesn't give you the compensation you deserve, we will aggressively pursue your case all the way to trial.